- New York, NY, US
- Senior, Lead
- Remote & On-site
- $ 150,000 - 175,000
- star_border Health Insurance
- star_border 401k
- star_border Discretionary Time Off Vacation Policy
Patch, the leading digital platform for hyperlocal news and events, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us in our mission of strengthening communities through local news, conversations, and connections.
This is a primarily backend focused position, but the ideal candidate is comfortable coding on the front-end as well. The successful candidate will work closely with our development, product, and design teams to build new features that will carry Patch forward in its mission. You will engage with problems that need inventive solutions and assist in determining specifications to achieve business goals. This role would report to the VP of Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in software development in an agile environment.
- You have an exceptional understanding of Node.js application development.
- You have experience building and scaling RESTful web services.
- You understand where and how to leverage application and edge caching.
- You have experience with relational and graph databases and optimizing queries.
- You write well designed, testable, and efficient code.
- A team player who values a true collaborative environment.
- A passion and curiosity for creating and building things.
Nice to have:
- Experience with serverless paradigms.
- Experience working within a continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) environment
- Familiarity with PHP and Drupal
- Independent, self-motivated.
- Proven track record of always learning and growing.
- Proactive attitude.