- ABOUT YOU GmbH
- Hamburg, DE
- star_border State-of-the-art technology
- star_border Flexible working hours
- star_border Free Laracasts account
- star_border Exclusive employee discounts
- star_border Reduced public transport ticket
- star_border Language courses
- star_border Free drinks and fresh fruit every day
- star_border Weekly internal Tech-Talks and quarterly Hackathons
- star_border Help in the Visa application and relocation process if needed
- star_border Free access to the code.talks conference
We are currently looking for a skilled & passionate Lead Backend PHP Developer to become part of and direct one of our Tech Units at ABOUT YOU!
Our Tech Department is the heart of ABOUT YOU, driven by the passion to develop the best infrastructure & tech applications. As our Lead Backend PHP Developer, you will direct a team of 5 to 7 developers in collaboration with the product manager. With your deep understanding of building digital products and software development, you will constantly optimize our complex applications in consideration of all requirements and stakeholders.
Contribute to one of the fastest-growing eCommerce infrastructures in Europe and become part of ABOUT YOU as a Lead Backend PHP Developer!
What you will do
- Build complex & high scalable technical solutions in close cooperation with the Tech Lead and the Product Lead as well as the product manager
- Draft architectural decisions and ensure reliable and state-of-the-art products
- Lead a world-class team of engineers and collaborate with product managers, QA’s, and with designers to ship new components and features
- Work within a dynamic & international environment with an agile working culture using methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban
- Work in an agile & international team with flat hierarchies and very short decision-making process
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience in developing high-scalable software products in PHP7
- You are proficient in Laravel or Symfony and have a deep understanding of the basics
- You feel comfortable with people management topics and have worked in a leading role in a fast-changing environment before
- You write well-structured, efficient and maintainable code and actively keep the quality of the codebase in check
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You are used to working in an English-speaking environment
We are looking forward to receiving your application – preferably via our online application portal! Thus, we can ensure a faster process and for you it is very easy to upload your application documents.